Monday, November 3, 2008

FROM THE ASSOCIATE PRODUCER'S CHAIR...

Now, you see? I am so technically inept, that I think I just posted something on this thing with no message on it! My apologies...
Anyway, it's busy busy in the Paul Holman Associates office at the moment as you can imagine. Not only because we are producing the FANTASTIC "Aladdin" at the Watersmeet this year, but 11 other pantomimes all over the country! You have to be careful not to send a cow to be in Cinderella, or a pumpkin to be in Snow White, or a poisioned apple to be in Jack and the Beanstalk! On the whole, I think we are all staying on top of things...
I joined PHA this summer as Associate Producer with Paul and John, who run the company. Not quite sure what this title means, other than to say that it is great fun getting the scripts together, casting the roles, drinking lots of black coffee and - my favourite part - choosing the songs and music to go in the shows! We have decided to combine very modern contemporary well known pop stuff with some good old traidtional songs. It's like a dream job come true, sat on the internet all day listening to possible musical numbers and then chatting through the choices with Paul. The downside is so many catchy songs stay in your head all day - and all night sometimes keeping you awake! At the ripe old age of 36, I have to say I know more now about what is in the hit parade (isn't that what the kids say nowadays??!!) than I have in a long time.
So, rest assured, the music will be great, very fitting for the action of the story, and will have something for everyone...!
Right, best go, don't to ramble on like Maurice the Director did...!! (I can say that, he's a very nice man!) Will leave you another message soon.... if not too busy climbing a beanstalk or something!

No comments: